Hindu Ottrumai Iyakkam (United Hindu Forum) held a massive ‘Hunger Protest’ on 22nd November, 2016 from 10 am to 5 pm and raised several issues concerned with the Hindus as well as exposed the lacklustre response from Tamilnadu state government in dealing with such cases.
Around 25000 men and women belonging to all walks of life have participated in this ‘Hunger Protest’ held at 31 district headquarters of Tamilnadu and expressed their solidarity towards the cause. Leaders from various Hindu based organisations operating in the state have participated.
Hunger Protest raised the following issues:
- Condemning the brutal killing of our brothers from Hindu based organizations by terrorists.
- Condemning religious conversions.
- Loud protest against the plundering and looting of temple properties.
- Atrocities done to the Hindu young women in the pretext of Love Jihad is being strongly denounced.
- Strong protest against not granting permissions to conduct Hindu Temple Festivals.
- To fight for the cause of false and baseless court cases against Hindus.
Shri Karthikeyan, United Hindu Front presided over the protest in the presence of Shri Subbaiah, RSS Chennai Mahanagar Sah Sanghachalak. Shri Ramarajasekar, Prant Seva Pramuk, Shri L Natarajan, Shri Elangovan, Smt Padma Rangan from Rashtra Sevika Samiti, Shri Anbhazhaganaar, Meenavar Peravai, Shri Gunaseelan, Indiya Kalvi Munnetra Maiyyam, Shri RBVS Manian, Shri Senthil ABVP, Shri CMK Reddy, Doctor and Philanthropist, and others spoke on the occasion.
Yoga, songs, bhajans, sakthi vaadyas were part of the protest. Shri B Prakash, RSS Prant Sampark Pramuk highlighted through examples on how spirit of nationalism brings change in the society when Hindus work in unity. Shri Sethu Madhavan Ji RSS Akhil Bharatiya Sadasya also participated in this “Hunger protest”. He gave buttermilk at the end of the program and concluded the protest.
A team of persons submitted the memorandum to the chief minister highlighting various Hindu rights’ issues through the district collector at all places of Tamilnadu.
With Shanthi Mantram Hunger Protest concluded.